How to extract candidate’s data (resume and cover letter) from the system?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Recruiting Management (RCM)
Candidate’s attachments can be exported via Integration Center. There is now an Attachment outbound integration to download attachments to an SFTP location.
- Make sure Integration Center is setup
- Below permissions are prerequisites to successfully extract data from Integration Center
- Manage Permission Roles > Recruiting Permissions > OData API Candidate Export permission
- Manage Permission Roles > Metadata Framework -> Admin access to MDF OData API
- Set User Permissions -> Administrative Privileges > Recruiting Permissions > OData API Candidate Export permission
- Set User Permissions -> Administrative Privileges -> Metadata Framework -> Admin access to MDF OData API
Steps to create an Attachment outbound integration:
1. From admin center > Integration Center. Click on My Integrations
2. Once on My Integrations page, select Create --> More Integration types
Then select: "Attachment" as per screenshot below
3. You will then be direct to below screen. From here, select the starting entity (We are starting with Candidate and fetching the Resume). It would also be possible to select the entity "JobApplication" for information present in the candidate job application.
4. Enter the Integration name
5. Select Configure Fields tab. User needs to associate the content as well as the content type (Note: If we start with Attachments/Photo as the starting entity these content and content type is associated by default)
6. Click on Associate Content button.
Field Dialog opens. Select Entity Tree View > Candidate > Resume > File content field in Resume entity
7. Next, select Associate Content type
Field Dialog opens. Select Entity Tree View > Candidate > Resume > Mime Type
8. Now you can see the preview in the Configure Fields page provided the candidate has the resume (Note: Files with .docx extension are not shown on the preview. Engineering is still figuring a way out to display this)
The corresponding attachment can be downloaded using Download Content.
9. Navigate to Filter and Sort Page if the user wants to filter for any specific Candidates. Click on the browse button which opens the same dialog as step 6 or 7 to select the fields.
10. Navigate to Destination Settings page to enter the SFTP details. Click on Calculated File name to provide an unique file name.
11. In the Advanced Calculation Dialog, Create a Calculation using the Associate field button beside the field ( Ex : <CandidateID> concatenate/append <filename>)
12. Schedule the integration (if needed). Provide the frequency, start and End dates.
To run immediately go to step -13.
13. Navigate to Review and Run page. Check the details. Save the integration and click on Run Now to run immediately. (Save and Click on Set Schedule to run at a specific scheduled time)
14. Go to the specified folder in SFTP location once the job is complete to see the attachment. The job completion status can be seen by clicking the refresh button beside Last Run time field.
Once the job is completed a hyperlink is displayed which takes you to the Execution Manager showing the details of the job.
- Enable Integration Center in Successfactors - 2209164
Recruiting Data Extraction, Download, Resume, Cover Letter, Contract Renew, Export, Attachments, Termination, Mass Resume Download , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services , How To