- Error message when updating User Email Address from upper-case characters to lower-case characters in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC)
- Error detail: <User ID>: Failed to create/migrate user on Cloud ID tenant
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) 2017.24.0
Reproducing the Issue
Log on to SAC tenant.
- Navigate to Security > Users.
- Try to update User Email Address from upper-case characters to lower-case characters(i.e, from AAA@EXAMPLE.COM to email@example.com) and then Save.
=> Error "<User ID>: Failed to create/migrate user on Cloud ID tenant" appears.
- Try to update another User Email Address to lower-case characters while keeping upper-case characters for this user (i.e., User A for AAA@EXAMPLE.COM, and User B for firstname.lastname@example.org) and then Save.
=> Same error could be observed.
- Try to add a new user with Email Address as lower-case characters while keeping upper-case characters for this user (i.e., User A for AAA@EXAMPLE.COM, and new User C for email@example.com) and then Save.
=>Error "<User ID>: Failed to create user on Cloud ID tenant: A user with email <lower-case characters> already exists. Please delete the existing user if you would like to add a new user with this email address." appears.
- This is by-design.
- User Email Address is not case-sensitive, so both upper-case characters and lower-case characters are for same Email Address.
Please assign a unique email address (not case-sensitive) to each user in SAC tenant.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, user, email, mail, update, add, unique, same, duplicated, case, case-sensitive, case sensitive, upper case, upper-case, lower case, lower-case, create, migrate , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem