Partner would like to enable WFA on HANA on their instance. Since the b1708 releasre, WFA on HANA has become generally available to all partners that have completed their certification and are a member of the Technical Experts JAM Group.
Once certified, they must raise a ticket with Cloud Support in order for them to enable WFA on HANA.
Before we can proceed with the implementation of WFA on HANA, there are some prerequisites to be wary of:
- Advanced Reporting (Realms) will need to be enabled on your instance.
- Advanced Reporting requires EC to be enabled.
- The partner will need to have a user that has access to Advanced Reporting (in the Report Center), and have accessed Advanced Reporting (in the Report Center).
- A partner will need to provide the user that they would like to have enabled.
- Analytics in EC is NOT enabled.
- View-Based Metadata is NOT enabled.
There are a number of steps involved from CS side and the process can take between 2-3 days in the case that there are some issues in enabling WFA on HANA.
WFA on HANA is a tool that allows customers to edit any of their dimensions that are not generated from their data (e.g. Employment Type).
Why is this important?
Currently, if customers add new codes to their dimensions, they need to request PS time to map these codes. This tool will reduce cost by allowing partners to do add the codes themselves and reducing the cost.
Can we control permissions using RBP?
Yes Analytics permissions can be controlled using RBP roles
SuccessFactors HCM Suite
WFA on HANA
Reproducing the Issue
Please raise a ticket with the following component LOD-SF-WFA-WA through the SAP Launchpad.
Once the implementation has been completed, you will have access to many features such as:
- Query Workspace / Investigate;
- Workforce Analytics Tile.
Questions on WFA on HANA?
A quick question forum is available for you directly on community website via the Reporting and Analytics Product Page.
For technical questions related to the implementation of WFA on HANA, please post your questions via the Technical Experts JAM Group.
Query Workspace Investigate Analytics in EC WFA on HANA Workforce Analytics WFA Workforce Analytics Tile OLAP WFA on HANA Data Factory OLAP on HANA , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA-REP , Reports, Data, Insight , How To