In Stock Overview, a stock appears to have a negative In-Transit quantity, which is not expected.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
- Select Stock Overview link available under Common Task.
- Select Product ID ABC (ABC represents the Product ID).
- Choose Go.
- The product shows a negative quantity XXX at Site DEF ( XXX represents the quantitiy value, DEF represents the Site ID).
The most probable explanation is human error. For example: a Stock Transfer Order would have been created for a quantity XXX, but then when creating the inbound document when receiving the product, bigger quantity was recorded, creating a stock discrepancy in the system.
In this case, at Site ID DEF, the extra quantity shows in the system as negative.
There are 3 possible ways to correct this:
- If you have indeed delivered a surplus of products, you can cancel all the documents and create a new Stock Transfer Order and complete the inbound delivery at receiving side.
- If you have delivered only the requested quantity, you can adjust the inbound delivery with the correct quantity. For that you can use Adjustment Confirmation.
- You can also perform an Adjust In-Transit Stock to Zero from the Common Tasks in the Physical Inventory workcenter.
Stock Transfer Order, Stock Transfer Delivery, Negative Stock, Stock Overview, In Transit, Quantity, Inventory, Value, Amount, , KBA , AP-PIP-PIC , Physical Inventory Count , How To