You are trying to upload cide list values with a .csv file.
The system keeps loading endlessly after uploading the .csv values and clicking Save in Field Definition.
Reproducing the Issue
As an example here are the steps for uploading the values for Accounts.
Log into system.
- Go to the Cusomter work center
- Open the Accounts view.
- Click Adapt and then Edit Master Layout.
- Open any Account.
- Click on the field Properties and then Field Definition.
- Click on Edit and then Upload.
- Browse for .csv file and click Apply.
- Click Save.
The .csv file is not properly maintained.
Kindly check the following and adjust the .csv file you are trying to upload:
- Make sure that the format of the .csv file is not changed and add the values in the same format in the columns ABCD.
- No values should be placed in any other columns other than Column ABCD.
- Make sure that the description does not exceed the data base length which is 128 characters.
- When you save the .csv file after adding new values, save the file with .csv extension with comma delimited. Only then upload works properly.
- If there are multiple languages defined by key user, then Screen texts should be maintained for all languages and the descriptions as well to be maintained in all languages.
- If they are inconsistent then the upload will not work.
- No delta upload can be done. Instead always download the existing values and then update the .csv file or add new entries in it and then upload the file with complete list.
- At any point, only 1000 code values per language is allowed. If a key user tries to upload more than 1000 code values per language, then an error is thrown saying “Upload failed; the code list value has exceeded 1000 entries”.
- Field definition can hold maximum 300 code values and more than that the code values will not be visible in field definition, instead can be seen on the downloaded .csv file.
code list; upload; csv; freezing; loading; field definition; code value , KBA , upload , csv , list value , code list , code value , loading , freezing , field definition , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To