In the Business Configuration activity Purchase Order Item Follow Up Document Settings, you have marked the following:
For Non-Stock: Goods and Services Receipt not expected and change is not allowed.
For Third-Party: Goods and Services Receipt is expected and change is not allowed.
Upon creating a new Purchase Order, when you change the process type in a Purchase Order Item the default settings are not retrieved after more than one change.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select New Purchase Order under Common Tasks.
- Go to Items Tab.
- Click Add row. The Goods and Services Receipt Expected field is not flagged by default for the process type Non-Stock.
- Change the process type to Third Party. The Goods and Services Receipt Expected field is flagged by default for Third Party.
- Change the process type back to Non-Stock.
The Goods and Services Receipt Expected field is flagged by default for Non-Stock despite the settings.
The system follows the default rules set up in the Business Configuration activity Purchase Order Item Follow Up Document Settings only when the document or the item is created. If there is more than one manual change, this overwrites the default rules previously picked.
This is expected system behaviour.
You can remove the row and add it again to restore the default settings for the Follow-up Documents.
Purchase order, Follow Up Document Settings, Purchase Order Item Follow Up Document Settings, Business configuration, , KBA , purchase order , follow up document , goods and service receipt expected , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem