When you create a new Registered Product, enter a serial ID with prefixed 0, then you will find the prefixed 0 removed by system automatically.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product work center.
- Go to Registered Product work center view.
- Create a new Registered Product by clicking “New” button.
- Enter the serial ID such as “000123”.
- Click “Save and Open”.
- Find the serial ID become "123" in the new Registered Product, all the "0" in the beginning of serial ID are deleted.
This is standard behavior of underlying data type.
If you enter a numeric value prefixed with 0 in a field which is of alphanumeric data type then the prefixed 0 will be removed.
The prefixed 0 will only be retained if the entered value has some alphabet or allowed special character.
Please DO NOT maintain the serial ID with prefixed 0.
As a workaround, you can enter the serial ID such as “S-000123”.
PS: Registered Product Serial ID field value is alphanumeric and supports alphabet A - Z, numbers 0 - 9, hyphen (-), underscore ( _ ), colon (:), any other characters other than the above mentioned are not supported.
Registered Product; Serial ID; prefixed 0; , KBA , LOD-LE-IBA-IPO , Installation Point , How To