You receive an e-mail in Outlook from your C4C or ByD system but realise that the configured line breaks from the e-mail disclaimer are not displayed correctly.
- Cloud for Customer
- Business ByDesign
- Microsoft Outlook
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center Application and User Management and navigate to Master Template Maintenance.
- Switch the value in the dropdown list to Form Master Templates.
- Click Edit on your default Master Template.
- Navigate to the facet E-Mail Disclaimer.
- Here you can see the configured line breaks.
- Now you look at a received e-mail in Outlook and realise that some line breaks are missing.
This happens due to the local Outlook configurations and does not represent an issue. In Outlook there is a function called "Remove extra line breaks in text messages". If this function is activated in your Outlook options, the software will automatically delete line breaks that it considers to be abundant.
Microsoft provides a detailed help document to solve this issue, which is mentioned in the section below. If you encounter further issues with your Outlook, please contact the Microsoft support.
KBA , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , Problem