You open an Embedded Component from the Cloud Application Studio, and are trying to select the Edit icon, to edit this screen. However, this causes the UI Designer to crash and restart, and the error message 'a New Guard Page for the Stack Cannot be Created' can be seen. This issue does not occur when you open and edit an Embedded Component from the Configuration Explorer.
SAP UI Designer (All versions)
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Cloud Aplication Studio (SDK).
- Open the affected solution.
- Open any custom Embedded Component.
- Highlight the pane on the Embedded Component, and select the Edit icon.
- Error appears, and a restart pop-up appears as the Cloud Application Studio has crashed.
This issue occurs, as when you open a UI Screen from the Cloud Application Studio, it is opened in Edit mode already.
Therefore, when you select the Edit icon again, it causes the Cloud Application Studio to crash.
When opening a UI Screen from the Cloud Application Studio, do not select the Edit icon.
Make the concerned changes, and Save and Activate these changes.
UI Designer crash, Guard Stack, Edit Mode, UI Designer, Edit , KBA , crash , ui designer , edit mode , AP-RC-BDS-UI , ByDesign Studio UI Generation , Problem