- Details as to when LMS Standalone be supported by SAP SuccessFactors.
- Is there a timescale when this will be no longer supported?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
- SAP SuccessFactors will no longer support Standalone Learning (Learning environments not used in conjunction with the SuccessFactors Platform) after the Q3 2018 release.
- Single Sign On (SSO) into the LMS will also require the SuccessFactors platform starting on Q3 2018 release.
- Native login into LMS will still be allowed for users with "external" shopping cart (external/site users).
Please refer to the retirement dates below and note the difference for non-validated and validated LMS customers:
- Non-Validated LMS Customers: Q3 2018
Non-validated customers will see this change with the 1808 release arriving in Preview on August 4, 2018 and in Production on September 15, 2018.
- Validated LMS Customers: Q2 2019
Validated customers will see this change with the 1808 release arriving in Sandbox and Stage in October, 2018 and in Production in April, 2019. Final dates TBD.
- Certain features that are redundant in SuccessFactors will also be removed, such as the user's talent profile and mobile UI.
- We have already stopped allowing new customers to be implemented in “stand-alone” mode (i.e. without being integrated to BizX Platform).
- Please engage with your Customer Engagement Executive to understand the benefits of using SuccessFactors Learning in an integrated environment and to help you formulate a plan for transition.
Impact: As a result of the above, the following will take effect by Q3 2018:
- Stand-alone learning customers will no longer be supported and will be required to become integrated (i.e. implement BizX Platform).
- SSO authentication will shift to BizX Platform. That is, there will be no option to integrate via SSO directly into the LMS.
- SOAP APIs will be deprecated; customers that still use any, will need to migrate to using OData APIs (might require custom APIs to be developed by Professional Services).
- The “check system” feature for admins and end users will be deprecated.
- all SuccessFactors Learning customers (both validated and non-validated) will be required to be running the LMS in an integrated environment with the SuccessFactors platform enabled
For customers with an external user population that log directly into the LMS with an LMS username and password, in Q1 2019, Talent Profile will be replaced with an account management feature that will allow users to manage a limited set of fields.
Community posts for further updated information:
- https://community.successfactors.com/t5/Learning-Resources/Innovation-Alert-Standalone-LMS/ba-p/195791 (latest, where customers can ask questions)
SAP, SF, Learning, Bizx, Platform, integrated, native, LMS Standalone, Supported, SSO, Single Sign On, Q3 2018, 1808 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-SSO , LMS SSO , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , Integrations with BizX , Problem