You have set up a connection between 2 report views of a dashboard, however when you click on a field in one of them, the second one is not adjusted. The connection is not working.
Reproducing the Issue
Let us assume that there is a dashboard ABC (ABC represents the dashboard title) with a connection from view 1 to view 2:
Go to the Analysis work center, view Dashboard.
- Select the dashboard ABC and edit it.
- Go to step 5 - Connections.
- Here you have a connection between the report view 1 and 2, set on a particular characteristic e.g. Region.
- Close the wizard and execute the dashboard.
- Click on a region.
One of the report views has a hierarchy enabled in the table settings. Dashboard connections cannot be supported for hierarchical tables on the HTML5 UI.
You can make use of RUI to apply connections on hierarchical tables.
Alternatively, for HTML5, please remove the hierarchy from this view if you require it to be used in dashboard connections:
Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Reports.
- Open the respective report and report view.
- In HTML5: Click on Options > Table Settings.
- In the option
- Save this view.
- Go back to the Analysis work center, view Dashboards.
- Select the dashboard and edit it.
- Click on save. (This will recompile the dashboard to take over the changes).
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem