You are trying to delete an Approval Process but the delete button is greyed out.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Application and User Management Work Center.
Go to the Approval Processes View.
Select the Approval Process ABC(ABC represents the example).
You will see that the delete button is greyed out.
The Approval Process has Valid To Date which is set as unlimited (31.12.9999). So the Approval Process is still valid.
By Default the Valid To Date for every process is set as unlimited (31.12.9999).
You need to change the validity to the date when you want the Approval Process to change to invalid so it will no longer be active.
But it cannot be changed until a copy of the same process is created with Unlimited Validity or you will face the Error:'One process must have an unlimited Valid To date' when changing the validity.
- Go to Application and User Management Work Center.
- Go to the Approval Processes View.
- Select the Approval Process ABC(ABC represents the example).
- Select the button Copy. This action will create a copy of the same process with status Draft.
- Select this new process with status draft.
- Select the Edit Validity button.
- Edit Validity screen opens.
- Now you can change the Valid to date of the active process to a certain end time (e. g. 06/12/2017, 11:59 PM) to end the active process. Set the same time as a valid from date in the draft process (06/12/2017, 11:59 PM) and also set the Valid To date as (31.12.9999 , 11:59 PM).
Now the processes will be consistent since one of the process has an unlimited date and time(Valid To date).
Please make sure to maintain the Time zone as it is mandatory while editing the validity of each process.
KBA , AP-RC-GEN-BTM , Business Task Management - Configuration , Problem