You would like to undestand what the Conflict column during the report assignment means, and what implications it has for reports.
When trying to assign a report to a work center view with a conflict, you may receive the error message 'Access contexts of data source and work center view do not match'.
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Reports.
- Search for the respective report and click on Assign.
- See that for some (or most) work centers, the column Conflict shows an exclamation mark, meaning there is a conflict between the access context of this report and this work center view.
Every data source has a specific access context and the report will have the same context as the data source. This context is part of the data source definition and for standard data sources, it cannot be changed. In custom data sources, the access context is determined as follows:
- Combined data sources combine the access contexts of the standard ones.
- In joined data sources, you have to select one of the access contexts from the standard data sources.
- Cloud data sources have no access context at all because the data comes from external systems.
Work center views also have access contexts. By default, you can only assign reports to those work center views that have the same context, however you can also override this setting as follows:
Go to the work center Business Configuration, view Overview.
- Search for the activity Administrator Analytics - Settings and open it.
- Check the Extended Access box and save.
This will allow you to assign reports to work center views even if there is a conflict. However please be aware that this will remove the access restrictions in this report.
2488825 - Access Context of Report Not Working
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem