You have created a 3PL Request against your Sales Order. However you see that the system has not sent the 3PL Request to your External Warehouse provider even though all the Communication Arrangements are set up correctly. You also do not see any errors in the Business Communication Monitor screen as well.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Third-Party Logistics work center.
- Navigate to the 3PL Outbound: Delivery Proposals view.
- Search for the relevant delivery request, select it and choose the Create 3PL Request button.
- In the Third-Party Logistics Requests view you can see that the above 3PL Request is not sent to your warehouse provider, the Communication Status of the request is Grey.
In the master data settings of your 3PL warehouse provider you have not maintained the Communication Channel for the Third Party Logistics Outbound Request as XML. Once you maintain this value as XML, the system will start sending your 3PL requests to the supplier via the Communication Arrangements you have set up.
- Go to the Supplier Base work center.
- Navigate to the Suppliers view.
- Search for your 3PL Warehouse Provider select it and choose the option Addresses from the Edit button.
- In the edit screen navigate to the sub-tab Collaboration, under the tab Communication.
- Maintain the Output Channel value as XML against the Third Party Logistics Outbound Request business document name.
Once the above setting is maintained, the system will start sending the newly created 3PL requests to your external warehouse provider.
3rd party, logistics, requests, not sent, external, warehouse, provider , KBA , warehouse , request , provider , not sent , 3rd party , logistics , external , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem