When you create a new Cost Estimate you get an Error Message like Creation of Material Cost Estimate Failed.
SAP ByDesign all Versions, as well as HTML5 and Silverlight.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Inventory Valuation Work Center.
- Switch to the Common Tasks View.
- Click on New Cost Estimate.
- Select the Material ID ABC (where ABC defines the Material ID) and the Site XXX (where XXX defines the Production Site).
- Select a valid from and explosion date in the past.
- Click on the button Simulate.
You get an Error Message Creation of material cost estimate failed; You cannot enter a date in a prior period for set of books YYY (where YYY defines the set of books in question).
The reason behind this Error Message here is that the Process Control is not opened.
Go to the General Ledger Work Center.
- Open the Master Data - Companies View.
- Press Go and select the relevant Company ID ZZZ (where ZZZ represents the Company ID in question).
- Click on Set Process Control.
- Press Add Row.
- Process Control Status is not blocked.
- Business Process Group is All.
- Entry Possible Until is a date mm-dd-yyyy (where mm-dd-yyy is the entry possible until date in question) at least two weeks in the future.
- Select a from posting date and a to posting date. These dates should comprise the date you set when you want to create the New Cost Estimate.
- Press Save and Close.
Now recreate the New Material Cost Estimate. There is no error message anymore.
Process Control; cannot enter a date in a prior period for set of books; new cost estimate , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem