You want to set a user-defined number ranges for the "New Charge/Credit" transactions, in the Customer Accounts view.
Reproducing the Issue
In order to reproduce the issue, you may follow the steps below:
- Go to Receivables Work Center.
- Access Customer Accounts View.
- Search for account ID YYY.
- Open Account ID YYY.
- Complete all the fields with the proper information.
- On the left corner of the screen, hit 'New Charge/Credit' button.
- A message is displayed at the bottom of the screen: 'Other Charge/Credit ZZZ was posted successfully. External ID ZZZ.'
Therefore, You have looked for number range of the 'New Charge/Credit' transaction in the Business Configuration work center in order to change the external ID ZZZ. However, you could not find it.
*ZZZ represents an Other Charge/Credit ID.
The New Charge/Credit follows calendar year numbering. Every calendar year change, it generates new numbers.
Currently, this is the system behavior.
If you need this functionality urgently you may approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note that the services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
Also, you may post your request in the collaboration forum, there you can request the new features for the new releases of the system.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , Problem