You want to know how to update the values for a Production Bill of Materials and how the system can check the consistency of the Production Bill of Materials & Production Model and release the model for Planning and Execution automatically so that the overhead of navigating between the different views is reduced for the user.
SAP Business ByDesign
You can use Production Bill of Material Mass Maintenance Run option available under Common Tasks or Automated Actions view in order to update the values in the Production Bill of Materials and to check the consistency of the Production Bill of Materials & Production Model and to release the model automatically in the system. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Go to the Planning & Production Master Data work center.
- Select the New Production Bill of Material Mass Maintenance Run link available under Common Tasks.
- In the opened window fill in the required fields - Run ID, and select the BoM Mass Maintenance Options as per your need. As per the selection there might be certain fields which are necessary to be filled.
- Mark the check boxes for the Check Production Model and Release Production Model fields, this will make the system to automatically check the consistency of the model and will release it for Planning and Execution.
- Select the Next button, check the indicator corresponding to the Bill of Materials variant for which you like to update the changes for the Production Bill of Materials.
- Select the Next button and finish the activity.
- Later you can schedule the run as per your needs.
Production Bill of Materials, Production Model, Release , KBA , production bill of materials , production model , AP-PMM-BOM , Production Bill of Material , How To