User cannot access the WebDav folder while trying to upload invoice files from local computer (OS: Windows Vista/7). Following error occurs:
Mutual Authentication Failed. The server's password is out of date at the domain controller.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center
- Select the Input and Output Management view.
- Select the File Input subview.
- Under the Direct File Access (WebDAV) -> Copy the Inbound Files URL (eg. https://myXYZ.sapbydesign.com:443/sap/ap/fileio/docs/in/).
- In Windows -> Select the Start button, then select My Computer.
- In Computer dialog, select the Map network drive button.
- Select drive letter Z.
- Paste URL copied from Application and User Management – File Input - Inbound File.
- Tick the option Connect using different credentials.
- Select the Finish button.
- In Windows security dialog, enter user and the password.
- Error occurs: Mutual Authentication Failed. The server's password is out of date at the domain controller
The issue could be with local computer/network.
Perform below steps for windows Vista/7 before mounting the WebDAV-Directory:
Step 1:On the Windows 7 client make sure WebClient Service is started:
- Go to the Start menu
- Select Run.
- Type Services.msc and choose OK button.
- Search for the Webclient in the new screen.
- Select/Open the Webclient.
- Start your Webclient service.
- Set the properties so it will start automatically next time you boot Windows 7
Step 2: Enable the Basic-Authentication [Check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928692) for details].
Step 3: If you still have problem to mount the WebDAV-Directory you can upload files directly in the SAP Business ByDesign UI:
- Go to the Application & User Management work center.
- Go to the File Input view.
- Show Unprocessed files.
- Choose Add button.
- Select the Service Interface and the file which you want to upload and add it.
Step 4 (Optional): The other possibility would be to use a standard WebDAV-Client like netdrive or webdrive (which you can download) and try if it works using such a tool.
Additional Information: You can ask your local network/system experts to download the Fiddler tool from http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/ to identify the network/system problem.
Also check SAP Note: 1523790.
Webdav , KBA , AP-RC-DOC , Document Centric Application Service , How To