When using Connector to update an Item, the Connector created a new revision and productionized it. How to maintain retrainings for Curriculum?
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
As a workaround, as the item is already productionized, there are two options:
Option 1: Create a new revision without productionize and add substitute relationship
Revise the item following instructions in KBA 2549031.
- Revise the item making sure to mark the appropriate option but do not make the new revision production ready yet;
- Go to the new revision of the item;
- Go to tab Substitutes;
- Click in "Add Substitutes" (The green + button);
- Search for the previous revision of the item (make sure to search for inactive items as well, as the previous revision should be inactive);
- Select the Completion Status and check the "Add" checkbox for the last and second last revisions;
- Review the other fields according to KBA 2177797 that describes the behavior of setting an Effective Date and the other options in the Substitute relationship;
- After setting everything correctly, click in "Add";
- Now make the item production ready by clicking in Productionize in the new revision of the item;
- Check all the options, making sure that the option "Do you wish to update curricula potentially affected by this new item revision;
- Review the configuration settings for the Curriculum;
- Use the option "Run the job now".
Option 2: Use Requirements in the Curricula
- Go to Learning->Requirements->Add New
- Choose "Items from Pool of Items" in the Requirement type dropdown->Provide an ID and other details;
- In the next page, under "Enter the required number of Items" enter the value "1" as you want to provide credit to the users even if they complete only one item (revisions);
- Add all the item revisions you want (in you case, the two or three latest) by selecting "Add";
- Now go to the Curricula in which the item is added;
- Select the "Contents" tab under Related;
- Click in Edit;
- Click the Add button (the green "+" sign);
- Choose "Requirements";
- Search for the requirements that was created earlier and check the Add checkbox followed by clicking in the Add button;
- Now remove the item by checking the "Select" checkbox and clicking in remove button.
2549031 - Revise Item while maintaining curriculum retraining settings
2177797 - LMS: Setting up a Substitute Item in SuccessFactors Learning
Productionize, Connector, Retraining, Curricula, Curriculum, Production Ready, Active, New Revision, Maintain , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , LMS Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem