In a new Expense Report you want to choose a new Expense Type on the Add Expense Screen but you are not able to select it.
All C4TE versions, HTML5 and Silverlight.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Auditing Work Center.
Switch to the Expense Reports View.
Show all, find ID XXX (where XXX defines the Expense Report in question) and press go.
Click on ID XXX.
Press on Expense ABC (where ABC defines the Expense in question).
You can see that Expense Type DEF (where DEF is the relevant Expense Type) is activated, which is as expected.
- Close the previous window from Step A.
- Click on Add Expense.
- On field Expense Type, you cannot choose the new Expense Type GHI (where GHI defines the new Expense Type) initially which is not as expected, should be there already.
- You have to choose the old Expense Type DEF which had been delimited in the Business Configuration Work Center (see Step C).
- As Expense Date, choose a date after the new Expense Type GHI is valid.
- Select an Expense amount.
- Choose an Expense Country.
- Press Add and Edit Details.
- You can see an error message: Expense Type DEF on date mm-dd-yyyy (where dd-mm-yyyy represents the date in question) not valid.
- Now change the Expense Type to GHI and press done.
The new Expense Type GHI can be added which is as expected.
- Open the system in Silverlight.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Switch to tab Overview.
- Show All Configuration Elements, find <Expense> in asterisks <*>.
- Scroll down until Expense Reporting - Country JKL (where JKL represents the country in question) and click on it.
- Press on Edit Expense Types.
You can see that Expense Type DEF is delimited which is correct. You can see as well that the new Expense Type GHI is valid until unlimited which is correct.
Initially the system offers a selection for all Expense Types which are valid on the day when the new Expense is added. The Error Message is displayed when you select a day when the old Expense Type is already no longer valid.
This is expected system behavior, the system works as designed for the respected Expense Types in field Add Expense and based on the Settings in the Work Center Business Configuration.
New Expense Type not shown on Add Expense Screen; Expense Type not valid , KBA , expense type , auditing , not valid , not shown , missing , LOD-TEM-AUD , Travel Auditing , Problem