When you create a Product ID with leading zero followed by numeric values, the leading zeros are truncated.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Products work center
- Go to Product Administration view
- Select New button
- Fill the mandatory fields and enter the Product ID with the leading zeroes
- Select Save
The leading zeros are truncated.
This is the system behavior. If the Product ID have alpha-conversion enabled, then the below mentioned behavior is the same for all alpha-conversion identifiers.
1. If you enter the Product ID with leading zeros followed by numeric values, the zeros will be truncated.
2. If you have a Product ID with leading zeros followed by alphanumeric values, then the zeros will not be truncated.
In SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer system, if you want a reference of the Product IDs with leading zeros which are integrated from the ERP system, you may create an extension field in which you can maintain the Product IDs referring to the Products in the external system, to refer to the exact Product IDs without trimming the leading zeros.
To make the extension field searchable via the basic search, you may refer to the below document attached:
2436570 - Basic search by extension fields does not return any results
Product ID, Material ID, Leading zeros truncated , KBA , product id , material id , leading zeros truncated , LOD-LE-PRD , Product + Product Category , Problem