You have done a content transfer which includes an extension field with analytical extensions, i.e. you have added the field to some data sources. However after uploading the content in the target system, you realize that the extension field was not added to the respective data sources.
Reproducing the Issue
Open the source system.
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Click on Content Transfer.
- Open the export file.
- Click on the tab Extension fields and mark the respective field.
- Click on the tab Data Sources - here you see the data sources it was added to.
- Go to the target system.
- Once again go to the Administrator work center > Content Transfer, and open the import file.
- Check that the extension field was imported, including the analytical extensions.
- Now change to the Business Analytical work center, view Design Reports.
- Search for a report based on one of the data sources that should include your extension field.
- Open and start the report.
- Click on Add Fields.
Your extension field is not listed. When you check the field definition of this field in the Adaptation mode, you can confirm that it has no analytical extensions.
You have several versions of your export file. In one of the previous versions, you have already exported this extension field. However at that time, it was not yet added to any data source i.e. the analytical extensions were only created after that first export / import.
Analytical extensions will only be exported / imported via the content transfer feature on the first import. If these fields are imported without analytical extensions once, any subsequent imports will not update the analytical extensions.
You would need to manually add the extension field to the required data sources:
Go to the screen where the fields are maintained.
- Click on Adapt > Edit Master Layout.
- Hover over the extension field and click on Change Properties > Field Definition.
- Go to the tab Reporting and add the field to the required data sources.
KBA , page layout , extension field in data source , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem