Users complete a course within a Curriculum and then receive a notification immediately afterwards with their new due date.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- The User completes an Item associated with a Curriculum;
- Shortly after the User receives a notification stating that the item is in their Learning Plan.
Both conditions below are present in the environment:
Users have the option "Notify me when an item is modified in my Learning Plan".
- In System Admin->Configuration->System Configuration->USER LEARNING PLAN the setting "learningPlanQualItemsAndRequirementsDisplayThreshold" is set to the same period as the one set for retraining for that Item in the Curricula.
This is the expected behavior, you can change the number of days the activity will be added to Users' Learning Plan for retraining, but it will impact all items with retraining and will change not only the notification itself. For this workaround, follow the steps below:
- Go to System Admin->Configuration->System Configuration->USER LEARNING PLAN;
- Find "learningPlanQualItemsAndRequirementsDisplayThreshold" and set it to a number smaller than the retraining period for the item.
As an example, if "learningPlanQualItemsAndRequirementsDisplayThreshold" is set to 90, the item will only reappear in the Users' Learning Plan 90 days before the due date. This will trigger the notification accordingly, 90 days before due date.
2191477 - Learning Retraining Items due in a curricula not shown on User Side My Learning Plan-LMS
Curricula, Curriculum, Notification, Completion, Assignment, Learning Plan, learningPlanQualItemsAndRequirementsDisplayThreshold, Due Date , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem