You are not able to fill in the address fields when converting or associating a Lead to an Account/Contact. Address fields are greyed out and you cannot change them to be editable via Edit Master Layout. It is only possible to fill in the address fields after saving and opening Account/Contact.
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You have already created a Lead which is ready to be converted or associated to Account/Contact.
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Sales Lead view.
- Select New and enter all necessary details.
- Open the Lead ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Lead).
- Select Actions and Convert to Account & Contact.
- The address fields are greyed out.
You expect that address fields are editable when converting or associating a Lead to an Account/Contact before choosing Save and Open.
Actions Associate and Convert to Account & Contact are more of a display screen. Here you check the data that is entered in the Lead and confirm it to avoid duplicates when creating Accounts/Contacts. All the information, including address is expected to be entered in the Lead itself before converting to Account/Contact. This is the reason why conversion screen gives only a few fields, many of them are read-only and cannot be changed via Edit Master Layout.
It is possible to edit this data immediately from Account/Contact which was created. This is the expected system behaviour.
- Go to Customers work centre.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Select account ABC and open it.
- Select Edit.
- You are able to edit address fields.
KBA , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , Problem