You are not able to fill in the address fields when converting or associating a Lead to an Account/Contact. Address fields are greyed out and you cannot change them to be editable via Edit Master Layout; it is only possible to fill in the address fields after saving and opening Account/Contact.
Other fields are blank even though they have a value in the Lead.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You have already created a Lead which is ready to be converted or associated to Account/Contact.
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Sales Lead view.
- Select New and enter all necessary details.
- Open the Lead ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Lead).
- Select Actions and Convert to Account & Contact.
- The address fields are greyed out/ some fields are blank.
You expect that address fields are editable / other fields are filled with the value from the Lead when converting or associating a Lead to an Account/Contact before choosing Save and Open.
Actions Associate and Convert to Account & Contact are more of a display screen. Here you check the data that is entered in the Lead and confirm it to avoid duplicates when creating Accounts/Contacts. This is the reason why the conversion screen gives only a few fields, many of them are read-only or blank and cannot be changed via Edit Master Layout.
It is possible to edit this data immediately from Account/Contact which was created. This is the expected system behaviour.
- Go to the Customers work centre.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Select the account ABC and open it.
- Select Edit.
- You are able to edit the address fields and fill the other fields.
lead, fields, convert to account and contact, associate to account and contact, greyed out, blank , KBA , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , Problem