Different ways to bulk upload contents into iContent and how to link them with LMS Content Objects & Items.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System & iContent
There are few options that can be used to mass upload content files to iContent and link them with LMS Content Objects & Items.
- FTP clients like FileZilla or WinSCP can be used to mass import content files to the iContent server.
- Connect to the SFTP->
- Use the SFTP hostname, username, password, port number (22) of your iContent in the FTP client->
- Copy/move the files from the local system to iContet location (all in one folder would make this job easy)->
- The progress could be checked on the tool and you may confirm via the iContent browser access after the upload is complete to make sure that all content was uploaded successfully.
PS. Please note that Support team will not support or debug these application errors/issues as they are third party tools.
Content Objects & Items creation:
- Content Objects and Items will be created manually:
- Go to Content Object->
- Add New->
- Fill the ID and Title->
- After it's created, go to Launch Method->
- Select the correct method that matches with the content that will be launched->
- Fill the "Filename" with the URL Prefix (which is mandatory) + the iContent folder path + the file that will start the course->
- For example: Consider the URL Prefix of your instance is "/learning/user/onlineaccess/icontent.do?Course=CUSTOM&url=/self-managed/" and you have a PDF ("TestPDF.pdf") hosted inside a folder called "SF-PDF-Content" of your iContent. The Filename that will used would be "/learning/user/onlineaccess/icontent.do?Course=CUSTOM&url=/self-managed/SF-PDF-Content/TestPDF.pdf".
- Create either an Online Only or Blended Item->
- Go to "Online Content" under Related menu->
- Click on "+" sign->
- Add the Content Object created above->
- Fill other mandatory fields.
- Content Objects and Items will be created via Item Connector.
- There is also the possibility of creating and associating all the entities via an Item Connector import. In this case, we suggest that you engage an SAP Certified Partner or SAP Professional Services team, since it will require Connector expertise and some sort of drawing the import process before doing it.
Another option for Content Import.
- SAP offers iContent Premium Service that consists to have a team specialized in importing content and creating items for our customers. For further information, the customer's SAP Sales Representative and/or Customer Success Manager can be reached.
bulk upload, content import, lms courses, mass content import. , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , How To