You have created threshold values for payment approval tasks, however the system still triggers the approval although it would be below the threshold.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Managment work center
- Click on New Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Create the payment with amount below the threshold in e.g. BRL currency
When you post the payment an approval task is created, however no approval would be required.
You have set up a multi-level approval threshold for different currencies, which can be seen as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list.
- Open activity Business Task Management for Payment and Liquidity Management
- Click Payment approvals for outgoing payments.
You have the rules set up similar to below example:
|Sequence||Company ID||Company Name||Payment Method||User ID||User name||Threshold Amount|
The rule inputs are Company ID, Payment Method and User ID. Therefore, when company ID alone is passed it just take the first entry (for EUR currency). Even though you create a payment in BRL the rule is validated for EUR and then the system tries to convert it from EUR to BRL currency, however the exchange rate is missing in the system.
In order to avoid this situation, please revise your payment approval rules. It is also recommended to maintain the BRL/EUR exchange rate, considering the above example.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To