- "Change Data Source" for BW live model, makes charts unable to load.
- Tables and filters are working fine after changing the source.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.22.6
- SAP Business Warehouse
- BW/4HANA SPS 4
- Apache Reverse Proxy 2.4
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Create ModelA from QueryA using live BW connection.
- Create StoryA using ModelA as datasource.
- Add a chart, a page filter and a table to the page.
- "Save As..." QueryA without any modification in SAP HANA Studio. Name it QueryA_TEST.
- Open ModelA in SAP Analytics Cloud and click on "Change Data Source".
- Select QueryA_TEST for the data source and click "OK".
- Click "OK" again when the "List of dependencies" window opens.
- Save the ModelA.
- Open StoryA and notice that the page filter and the table are loaded, however the chart isn't.
- This is a by design behavior.
- Copying existing query will create new ID for dimensions and measures so the existing charts in the story won't be able to display the data.
- Saving the story as template resolves the problem.
- This way you can open the template and save it as a new story after substituting placeholder charts with new ones based on the updated model.
- For more info on saving a story as a template please refer to: Save a Story as a Template
- Save a Story as Template
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, BW, Live, Uncaught, in promise, TypeErrorCannot, read property, supportsHierarchy, of null, , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem