You have created a Purchase Order XYZ and sent it for approval (XYZ represents the Purchase Order ID).
The approver has sent it back for revision, requesting Item A to be cancelled (A represents the Item ID).
The Cancel Item button greyed out for Item A.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders
- Go to Purchase Orders
- Show All Purchase Orders.
- Find XYZ.
- Select Edit.
- Go to Items tab
For Item A, the Cancel Item button greyed out.
The system doesn't allow the cancellation of items when the purchase order is in status In Approval or In Revision, even though the follow-up documents have been reversed or cancelled.
To enable the Cancel Item button, you can follow these steps:
- Click on Send Update in the purchase order XYZ to send it to approval again.
- Approve the purchase order.
- Once the purchase order is approved, the Cancel Item button will be enabled.
purchase order item cancellation ; Cancel Item button greyed out ; purchase order ; In Revision ; In Approval , KBA , purchase order , in approval , cancel item , in revision , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem