It is pretty common Partners and/or customers have questions regarding the signed certificate generation after request the CSR file to Cloud Product Support. This article has the purpose of answer the most common questions to facilitate this process.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
- Is the portal where the certificate will be used in IIS (Internet Information Services)? No. The certificate will be used in Apache.
- Will the certificate be installed in a single server or multiple servers? The certificate will be installed on F5 loadbalancer, which has the list of all Apache servers mapped to it.
- What's the software used for the server? Other.
- What's the certificate type should be provided to the Cloud Product Support? It should be provided the certificate bundle (i.e root and intermediate certs as well).
- What certificate formats are accepted : the recommended format is .cer/.crt but we can also accept pfx
- How to create an SSL certificate for the application server? For a production report server, obtain an SSL certificate signed by a known CA, such as VeriSign, Geotrust, or Entrust. SSL certificates signed by a known CA automatically work with the browser to access the server.
- How is the DNS record on the SAP side determined? The DNS i.e. customer.jobs2web.com is owned & decided by RMK Ops team at the time of DNS record addition and is kept standard to identify customer names quickly. It has nothing to do with information in Command center.
SSL certificate, Software, IIS, single server, multiple servers, RMK, Recruiting Marketing, Production. SSL FAQ , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , How To