When you create a new expense report with a Spanish employee in the general data, you will see that for the Expense Type "Dues & Subscriptions" in step 2 "Expenses, there is the field "Supplier Name" available. In this field the supplier name for Spanish employees can be maintained. However, when you follow the same steps with a non-Spanish employee, the field will not be shown.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Work Center Travel and Expenses and choose the coomon task New Expense Report on Behalf.
- In the General Data of step 1 (General Information) you use a Spanish employee and provide the necessary information.
- Move on to step 2 (Expenses) and add a row in the expenses list.
- As an Expense Type, choose Dues & Subscriptions.
- In the tab Expense data, you will see the field Supplier Name.
6. The same field will not be available for non-Spanish employees.
The field Supplier Name is hard-coded in the application for Spanish employees. This means there is no possibility for the Cloud Support to change this in the standard functionality, as it would create indifferences with other functions of ByDesign. Therefore, in the standard functionality it is only possible to maintain this field information for Spanish employees.
This is the expected system behaviour for the standard functionality of Business ByDesign. You can request a PDI solution from our Service Center (email@example.com). Our colleagues in the custom development will then check the feasibility for the implementation of the field for non-Spanish employees.
Business ByDesign, Travel and Expenses, Supplier Name field , KBA , byd , travel and expenses , supplier name , spanish employees , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , Product Enhancement