You are trying to add the scoping question "Do you want to use a multi-step approval process for project baselines?" but the system shows the error message below:
"It is not possible to finalize your scope change; some of your decisions would cause inconsistencies in your fine-tuning settings."
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration work center;
- Navigate to Implementation Projects view;
- Choose the concerned Project and click Edit Project Scope;
- Navigate to Questions;
- Under Scoping Element --> Choose Project Management --> Choose Change Management;
- Check the question Do you want to use an approval process for project baseline? if you want the scope the normal approval process for project baseline or check the question Do you want to use a multi-step approval process for project baselines? if you want the scope the Multi-Step Approval for Project Baseline;
- Click Next and Finish Scooping.
To solve the reported scenario, please follow the steps below:
Go to Business Configuration work center, then Implementation Projects view;
Click Open Activity List;
In Show, change to All Activities;
Search for 'Business Task Management for Projects';
Open the Activity Business Task Management for Projects;
- In Available Task Types, Select the third option in for Process: Project Baselines > Revise Project Baseline <Baseline Name> Version <Project Baseline version> of Project <Project ID> <Project Name>;
- In the right side of the screen, change the Radio Button to No Action (it will checked as Change Priority);
- Click Save and Close.
Then change the Question in the Business Configuration, as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration and Implementation Project View;
- Select the Project and click Edit Project Scope;
- Go to the Question Step and Show: All Elements;
- In Project Management -> Project Planning and Execution -> Change Management;
- Deselect the Question 'Do you want to use an approval process for project baseline';
- Check the question 'Do you want to use a multi-step approval process for project baselines?';
- Next, and you will finish the Project Setup.
business configuration, project scope, error, approval process, project baseline, add to scope , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , Problem