When trying to migrate Bills of Operation using the migration tool, it is raising the following errors in the simulation step:
Default sequence below branching ABC missing (ABC represents the value provided in the migration template).
Quantity of service X of resource Y at acty Z in op. W not defined (X, Y, Z and W represents values provided in the migration template)
SAP Business ByDesign 1711 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
Enter Business Configuration work center;
- in the Overview tab, search for Migration of Bills of Operations;
- Click on Migrate Bills of Operations using the Migration Tool;
- In the staging area, select a file to import;
- Click on Execute Migration -> Step-by-Step.
This error is raised because of hidden fields of the migration template that are not populated and are required to complete the migration process.
The fields are Default Sequence, Fixed Quantity and Variable Quantity. They are hidden in the migration template Operation and Mark Details sheet.
In order to unhide the mentioned columns in the migration template, follow the below steps:
- Open the migration template;
- Go to the Operation and Mark Details sheet;
- Select all columns;
- Right click on one of the Columns header (the character identification, like column "A");
- Click on "Unhide";
- From now, you will be able to see the columns for which the migration template is raising the error messages during the simulation.
KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , Problem