When a requisition is in pre-approved state with the recruiter for approval, the hiring manager is not able to see it even though they are part of the requisition.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting (RCM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin Center-> Recruiting Settings -> Enable Allow users to view pre-approved requisitions without regard to route map status.
- Proxy as Hiring Manager (Note that the Hiring Manager does not have Recruiting Permissions).
- Create a requisition and make Hiring Manager whom does not have Recuiting Permissions the Hiring Manager of the requisition.
- The Hiring Manager should have the Recruiting option now on his/her home page since he/she is part of the requisition, but does not.
- Proxy as the Recruiter and Navaigate to Recruiting and you will see it is in the Recruiter's pending approval queue.
This is an expected behavior.
The feature "Allow users to view pre-approved requisitions without regard to route map status." is never meant to override the permission for the recruiting tab.
Please review the Recruiting Implementation Guide where this is explained. (Section: Routing a Requisition for Approval)
Recruiting users cannot see the requisition record on the requisition list page until it reaches them in the approval route map. If the recruiting user is not part of the route map, that user cannot see the requisition record until it is approved. This behavior can be changed in Admin Tools Recruiting Settings by enabling "Allow users to view pre-approved requisitions without regard to route map status." This is set so that APPROVERS can see the pre-approved job req before it comes to them. APPROVERS is actually another RCM role. It’s the people set on the route map.
Therefore, if a user has role HIRING MANAGER, and the HIRING MANAGER is not an approver, the Hiring manager should wait for requisitions to become approved in order to see them.
SF, Success Factors, Requisition, Recruiting Management, Hiring Manager, Pre-approved Requisition, Route Map, Recruiting Permission, Approval, Recruiting Settings , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , How To