How to trigger alerts for MDF objects
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Alert messages
In Admin tools-> Company Settings -> Configure Object Definitions, search for AlertMessage. Change the Maximum Length of ‘alertDescription’ as 4000
Note: This is to increase the length of Alert description as configured in step 2.
2. Create an Alert Message. Go to Manage Data --> Create new --> Select the object AlertMessage. You can customize the description of the alert as per your requirement
3. Create a Workflow. If you want the user to receive an Alert as well as an email notification, then add the approver in the CC Role
4. For the MDF object, on which you want to trigger the alert, create a business rule selecting the right base object (refer to the sample screenshot below)
5. Now create data for the MDF object to trigger alerts for the required user
6. You can now see the alerts in the To Do tile of the user.
- To use alerts on MDF objects, make sure Enable MDF Alerts for MDF objects has been enabled in provisioning.
Currently we support only one alert rule on single object. If you give multiple alerts then it will override each other and the alert rule which triggers last will be executed only.
To support multiple alert rules on single object we have an enhancement which will be delivered in 1802.
- For objects which have a Parent/Child Association the Business RUle should be configured with the Parent Base Object and also triggered on the Parent Object.
2532558 - EC Alerts: Configuring Alerts for MDF Objects
Metadata framework, MDF, Custom MDf, Alert messages on MDF, Object defintion, Workflows, Business Rule , KBA , LOD-SF-FWK-MDF , MDF Framework , How To