The new owner of a lead does not receive a notification when the owner of the lead is changed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Select the lead ABC (ABC represents the ID of the lead).
- Open the lead and enter edit mode.
- Change the Owner to employee DEF (DEF represents the name of the owner).
- Employee DEF receives no notification about the change.
Notifications are not automatically generated in this case. This is standard system behaviour.
Possible workaround: It is possible to create a workflow rule that will generate a notification for the newly assigned owner:
- Go to the work centre Administrator.
- Select the Workflow rule view and select New.
- Set the Business Object: Leads and Timing: On Every Save.
- Set the condition as: Field: Owner. Check the Value Before Object Change checkbox. Compare Operator: Not equal to. With: Field Owner and select Next.
- Navigate to the Recipient Determination and select the value help.
- Choose the Marketing responsible Employee as this is the Owner.
- This will send a notification to the new owner.
workflow lead notifications owner , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , Problem