After enabling the Course Home feature that was introduced in Q4 2017 (LRN-20166), some courses are not loading with the new view.
SuccessFactors LMS 1711
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to [System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration]
- Open LMS_ADMIN.
- Find enableCourseHome and change it to true.
- In the User side, click in the Item title of any Item assigned to you or in the catalog search.
- The old user interface will be displayed instead of the Course Home.
In Q4, we support online course only and we do not support courses with specific attributes.
If the Delivery Method is not "Online" and the course have specific attributes enabled, the Course Home will not load and the old UI will be displayed instead.
The below attributes are not supported. Review your item configuration and disable them so the Course Home interface can load.
- Course home Is only applicable to Online and ILT courses.
- Courses that have a price in Commerce. In Q4 2017 only those courses that have a purchasing option of No Charge are expected to work properly.
- Courses with government reporting: Training Planner is not supported.
- Courses with legacy exams are not supported. The exam behavior is not finalized.
- If you set up a custom content player on your content object, we do not expect the course home to work at this time.
- If in the learning item, Approval Required is set to Yes, then we do not expect course home to work at this time. We do not support approvals in this release.
- If the course has a prerequisite group, we do not expect the course to work in the new course home at this time.
- If a course generates a survey when it ends, we do not expect it to work properly at this time in Course Home.
- If you use E-Signatures with your courses (if they are enabled on your system), we do not expect the courses to work in Course Home at this time.
- If you have content objects that are set to use Cross Domain Solution (CDS) will break API communication.
course home, interface, UI, Q4 2017, LRN-20166, CDS, cross domain solution , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , LMS Items , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem