You encounter an inconsistent behaviour with regards to dashboard connections. For example, you click on one value to pass the first filter, which works fine. When you click on another value for a second filter, it is not applied anymore.
In other scenarios, even the first filter does not work.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center Analysis, view Dasboards.
- Select the respective dashboard.
- In one of the report views, click on a value. This filter is passed on to the other report views as expected.
- Now, in another report view, click on another value.
Nothing happens, even though you have maintained such a connection in the dashboard definition.
There are several possible causes:
A) The connections you have maintained are cyclic, i.e. there is one connection from the report view 1 to report view 2, and there is also a connection from report view 2 to report view 1. Such connections have an ambiguity and cannot be supported as of now. The results may be inconsistent.
The system alerts you to this during the creation of a dashboard (step 5):
- Go to the work center Analysis, view Dashboards.
- Select your dashboard and click on Edit.
- Go to step 5 (Connections).
Here you will see the following message above the connection settings:
B) The source report view is of chart type Area or Funnel. These 2 chart types are not supported to be the source for dashboard interactions, however they can be the target.
C) The source report view is a table. Dashboard connections can only come from charts, not tables.
Please adjust your dashboard so that
- Connections are always passed into one direction only (i.e. report view 1 to report view 2 or vice versa, however not both options).
- The source view is a chart other than Area and Funnel.
cyclic dashboard connection, area chart, funnel chart, dashboard interaction, report table , KBA , cyclic connection , dashboard drill-down , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem