You encounter an inconsistent behaviour with regards to dashboard connections. For example, you click on one value to pass the first filter, which works fine. When you click on another value for a second filter, it is not applied anymore.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center Analysis, view Dasboards.
- Select the respective dashboard.
- In one of the report views, click on a value. This filter is passed on to the other report views as expected.
- Now, in another report view, click on another value.
Nothing happens, even though you have maintained such a connection in the dashboard definition.
The connections you have maintained are cyclic, i.e. there is one connection from the report view 1 to report view 2, and there is also a connection from report view 2 to report view 1. Such connections have an ambiguity and cannot be supported as of now. The results may be inconsistent.
The system alerts you to this during the creation of a dashboard (step 5):
- Go to the work center Analysis, view Dashboards.
- Select your dashboard and click on Edit.
- Go to step 5 (Connections).
Here you will see the following message above the connection settings:
Please adjust your dashboard so that connections are always passed into one direction only (i.e. report view 1 to report view 2 or vice versa, however not both options).
cyclic dashboard connection , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem