- What exactly is the difference between Functional User and Active User?
- Which kind of impact has this on the license costs?
- Is this kind of user type is also existing in BizX? Means is this handed over via a interface?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
What exactly is the difference between functional user and active user?
The new License User type field will have 2 possible values: Active User and Functional User. All new users created in the system will have this field set to Active User.
To set the field to Functional User, an admin can a) enable the field for display in the user record and change in the GUI or b) do a bulk change using the data import tool. Since this is a required field, it will automatically be displayed.
Functional User :
IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to note that this can only be used if the customer has this license type per their contract regardless of whether the user falls into any of the categories below.
- Mastered in ERP HCM (side by side)
- Former employees with access
Active User :
- Full time
- Part time
- Leave of Absence
Which kind of impact has this on the license costs?
This question has to be asked to License / Sales department. You need to confirm this information with License and Sales department. Product support don't handle license questions or costs. It is simply a different license type of user.
Is this kind of user type also existing in BizX? Means is this handed over via a interface?
No, and it cannot be transfer via connector at the moment, only can be change via import tool.
- System Admin > Tools > Import Data
- Record type = Users
- Select "Download template"
- Fill in all the mandatory fields and the License User type (last column to the right) with Functional.
- Repeat the same steps but in 3. choose "Import data" and the import option is "Update".
TIP: Use a connector input file (archived in System Admin > Connectors > User connector -SF > show archived input file) as basis to build your file
There are two enhancement requests currently open in relation to this. Please review and vote accordingly.
- For an automatic way to update existing user profiles in LMS with User connector -SF https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/47698
- There is an additional enhancement request which would enable LMS connetors to create a mapping for user license type (e.g. Active and Functional) https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/214000
SAP, SF, LMS, learning, SuccessFactors, License User Type, User record, LRN-16330, Functional User, Active User , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To
|LRN-16330 - Functional User.jpg|