You notice that the Workflow Rule created to trigger E-mail notifications is not adding attachments in the E-mails.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Administrator Work Center.
2. Go to Workflow Rules View.
3. Create a new Rule by clicking on New.
4. When you reach 3 Define Actions, select Rule Type E-mail.
5. Still in 3 Define Actions, tick the box Add Attachment.
6. Finalise and run the Rule.
Result: The attachment was not included in the notification e-mail.
This is the current system behaviour.
Beginning with 1708, this feature requires an additional PDI enhancement that implements the logic to collect the documents and attach them to the e-mail. (ExitForGettingWorkflowAttachment)
E-mail attachment, workflow attachment, workflow rule e-mail attachment , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To