Exporting Survey Results shows incorrect data.
Cloud For Customers version 1711 and above.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Surveys work center.
2. Go to Surveys view.
3. Open Survey ABC(where ABC is a Survey).
4. Go to Results facet.
5. Click on Export and save the csv file.
The file contains incorrect data.
Its an excel rendering issue when you open the .csv with excel, the issue occurs.
The download option is for downloading the results to .csv which is working fine. When you open the .csv with notepad you will see the correct data.
If you open the csv file in a text editor, you can see that the data is not corrupted. Deformation of data happens only during the rendering in excel.
Following steps need to be done to import UFT-8 CSV files correctly into Excel:
1. Open new workbook Excel
2. Go to "Data" ribbon
3. Click "Get External Data From Text"
4. Search for the CSV file and press "Import"
5. Choose "Delimited" option for the type of data and "65001 : Unicode (UTF-8)" for the file origin
6. Hit "Next"
7. Choose "Comma" as delimiter
8. Hit "Next" and "Finish"
9. Decide where to write the imported data to (existing cell or new worksheet) and hit "OK"
Surveys, Export , KBA , LOD-LE-SUR-DEF , Survey definition = design time , How To