You have created a new time of leave and assigned it to an employee, however, if the employee tries to request it for a period that includes a weekend or a holiday, no time is deducted from this time account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Setting up the Time Account:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and access the view Implementation Projects;
- Select your implementation project and click on Open Activity List;
- Go to the Fine Tune phase and search for the activity Time Accounts - US: Paid-Time Off Account Only;
- Open this activity and select the option Maintain Time Account Types;
- Click on Add Row;
- Set an ID and a name for this new Time Account, then set the other parameters as below:
- Category: Quota Account
- Unit: Days
- For its Creation, you can choose whether to pick, if choosing Permanent, then there is no need to set is recurrence.
- Go to the Time Administration work center and access the view Employees;
- Select the employee for which you want to assign the Time Account and click on the option Edit;
- Go to the tab Time Profile and then select the tab Time Account Rules;
- Click on Add Row and select the Time Account you just created;
- Also select the Time Account Rule you previously created;
- Click on Save and then go to the tab Time Account Balances;
- Select your newly added Time Account and go to the tab Adjustments;
- Click on Add Row, select the Posting Type Manual Adjustment and add the days that you want the employee to have for this time account to be requested;
- Click on Save and Close.
After the above steps are all completed, the employee is taking the following steps:
- Go to the Home work center and access the view Self-Services Overview;
- Click on New Leave Request;
- Select the time off time that you created above;
- For the date, select a holiday or a weekend, then click on Next;
- No days are being deducted from the Time Account.
The Time Account will not deduce any days because the selected days are not working days in the Employee's working day calendar.
You have to set the employee's work schedule to include holidays and weekends, then the time account will deduce time from this time account.
You can do this by following the steps below:
- Go to the Time Administration work center and access the view Time Models;
- Click on New;
- Select the type as Period Schedule;
- Set an ID and a description for it;
- Select the Country and its validity, then click on Next;
- On the Step 3, add 7 rows: 1 for each day of the week;
- After adding the seven days of the week, select a daily model for each day. If no daily model is selected this day will be a day off;
- After selecting a daily model for each day, click on Finish;
- Go to the Time Administration work center and access the view Empoyees;
- Select the employee which you want to assign this time model to and click on Edit;
- Go to the Time Profile tab and select the tab Work Schedule;
- Select the option Predefined and then select the time model you just created;
- Click on Save and Close.
The employee will now be able to request the respective leave and the time will be properly deducted from the time account.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Problem