Customer has set an Employee Import Scheduled Job in Provisioning but failed to import all users due to error "The following users were not imported/updated because they are not within your administrative target population"
However, the Employee Import permission is already granted to the Job owner with the target population of Everyone in RBP. Manually importing the file via Admin Center > Employee Import is successful. Only Scheduled Job is failing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Set" Employee Import" Job in Provisioning
- Configure the RBP permission > Grant Employee Import permission to the Job owner
- Run the Job and received email with error "The following users were not imported/updated because they are not within your administrative target population"
The customer enabled Employee Central. EC customers must use "Employee Data Import (for Employee Central only)" Job type. The logic of EC import job doesn't check target population and hence won't cause the error.
Contact your Partner or Cloud Product Support to change the Scheduled Job type to "Employee Data Import (for Employee Central only)"
- Provisioning > Manage Scheduled Jobs > Find the affected job > Cancel it
- Edit the Job to change the Job Type
- Modify the Job Start Time to future time > Save
- Submit the job again
KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem