Your requirement is to migrate Registered Products in the system, but you receive the below error during the Simulation step:
"Service call failed; report an incident"
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Registered Products.
- Select Migrate registered products using the migration tool.
- Upload the Migration File.
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records.
- You receive the error message mentioned during the Simulation step.
There could be many causes that may lead to this issue.
- You are using the Migration Mode 'Add New Records' for the existing Registered Products in the system.
- The Product ID or the Account ID provided in the Migration File are not available in the system.
- During Simulation of the Migration File, in the Convert Values step, for the task Edit Value Conversion for Warranty IDs, the correct Target values are not provided for Warranty IDs.
Correct the data in the Migration File, revisit the Value Conversion for Warranty ID and proceed with the migration activity.
The Migration Modes Modify already existing records and Enhance already existing records are not available for the Migration of Registered Products.
You may update them manually in the system.
Registered Products, Migration of Registered Products, Warranty ID , KBA , migration of registered products , resgistered products , service call failed , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , Problem