In the Report Accounts Receivable/Payable - Open Items you have an open amount for an already cleared item.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work centre.
- Go to the Lists sub view in Reports view.
- Search and select the Report Accounts Receivable/Payable - Open Items.
- Set the parameters as Company ABC (ABC stands for the Company ID), Set of Books: XYZ (XYZ stands for the Set of Books ID) and Customer DEF (DEF stands for the Customer ID) and the rest as Default.
There is an open amount of XXX.XX CUR (XXX.XX stands for any open amount and CUR stands for the currency) with a Posting Date of DD.MM.YYYY and the related Journal entry is YYY (YYY stands for the Journal Entry ID).
Click open the Journal Entry, In the Journal entry the amount of XXX.XX CUR has a credit and debit posting to the same G/L-Account ZZZ (ZZZ stands for the G/L-Account ID).
- Now expand the report to add key figure Open Amounts.
- Click on Settings button and then select Key Figures from the drop down menu.
- In the Key Figure Settings from the available Key Figures select Open Amount and move it to the Selected section and then click OK.
You can see in the Report that the Open amount is displayed as 0.00 CUR. So the amount has been cleared.
But you are not able to remove this line item from the report.
The line item stays in the Report as both Credit and Debit postings happened to the same G/L-Account.
This is the expected System behaviour. The Key Figure Open Amount in the Report should be used to check if an item has been cleared or not.
You can blind the line item in the Report by following the steps below, but this is temporary and has to be set up every time you open the Report.
In the Report, under Columns and Rows, go to the Columns and click on the small black icon at the Key Figure.
Then click on Manage Conditions in the drop down menu.
In the pop-up window, click on the New button to add a new Condition.
Select the Key Figure as Open Amount and leave the rest as default.
Under Rules click on Add Row to add a new row.
Select the Operator as Not equal and enter the From Value as Zero and click Ok.
Again click OK.
All Items with Open Amount 0.00 CUR will be not be displayed.
KBA , offener betrag in bericht , FIN-FB-XR , XBRL- Reporting , How To