In Manage Pending Hires tool, when hiring a candidate that already exist as an employee in system, the system recognizes the rehire scenario, but the Event Reason still holds ‘New Hire’ value that was set during initial hire selection.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central (EC)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into instance
- Open the manage pending hires tool (MPH)
- Select the hire button for a candidate that has a prior record in EC (rehire)
- Select a "Hire" Event Reason (note that initially you only see hire event reasons and not rehire event reasons)
- Go to next page/section and this will trigger warning to popup that match is found in system.
- Select "Use this Match"
- After this you will see the identity page again, but it is still showing "hire" as the event reason.
- If you click on event reason dropdown you do see all the rehire even reasons to select.
- Problem is that the "hire" event reason that was previously selected should have been cleared out as this may cause issue.
This was deemed a defect in the product.
- A fix for this issue is created and will be released in version b1711.
- After this release and going forward when system detects the rehire scenerio, the event reason field will automatically be released forcing the employee that is doing the hiring to fill in the event reason again and therefore setting the correct event reason.
event reason, rehire, hire, JIRA ECT-69140, MPH , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Suite Integration (EC to RCM, ONB, CVP) , Problem