This article covers the following topics:
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Execution (Rx) - Recruiting Marketing (RMK) integrated with Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
- Mapping must be completed for every job requisition XML template in RCM.
- The correct data fields must be configured at the start of the RMK implementation.
- The best practice is to map all the standard fields.
- To map the RMK fields, the SOLR field names from the RCM database must be considered. See the Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table (section #4 below).
- Once a field is mapped from RCM to RMK, it can also be used in Advanced Analytics, as long as that field maps all the way to Advanced Analytics. See the Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table (section #4 below).
- Custom fields in RCM can be mapped to RMK, as long as they have a data type of text or picklist in RCM. (Once in RMK, the data type does not matter.)
- Please refer to the following tables in the Career Site Builder Implementation Guide for specific instructions:
- Recruiting Management Field Specifications
- Technical specifications for Recruiting Marketing fields
- Mapping RMK fields to RCM fields for Real Time Job Sync
Only minimal fields are required for Real-Time Job Sync to function. However, all other fields are recommended in order to ensure full functionality of an integrated RMK-RCM instance. These fields are used by Media, Advanced Analytics, distribution to job boards, and for rule writing on pages.
The following fields are required to be mapped:
- Job Title
- Job Description
- State (U.S. only)
- Zip Code or Postal Code information is not required for Real-time Job Sync, but it is useful for features like creating the Google Job Map or determining job markets. In order to use Radius Search, the zip or postal code is required.
- The State field is only required for jobs in the United States. This field can be set to required="false" on the job requisition templates in cases where customers have both U.S. and non-U.S. jobs. Recruiters must know that the state field is required for US-based jobs.
- If a job does not contain a Job Description, it will not sync in RMK.
- When mapping Job Description, always choose “Full External Job Description” (Header, Description and Footer), so the complete content of the headers and footers are transmitted to RMK. This is especially important for customers using Job Profile Builder, since the job description becomes the header file in the RCM system.
- Category is a common field used for rules, and is also used by the Media team when they send jobs to job boards, aggregators, etc. Having basic data in this field tells the job board what type of job this is (Sales, Marketing, IT, and so on). The "Category" field in RMK must be mapped to the RCM backend field "Department" according to the Recruiting Cross-Module Data Mapping Table (section #4 below).
Notice in this table that, in some cases, the field name (label) might be misleading as it changes after mapping.
For example, the RCM field "Department" (SOLR database field name in the third column) maps to the RMK field of "Category" (first column). However, when this field is selected for the CSB Search Grid, it is again labeled as "Department" (last column).
This particular field is also commonly used to write rules to direct jobs to specific category pages. In that case, the RCM "department" field is used from the Solr name column.
This mapping is set up on the RCM side through Admin Center > Manage Recruiting > Setup Recruiting Marketing Job Field Mapping:
It is critically important that the fields are correctly configured and mapped for RCM job requisitions to support all requirements.
Consider the downstream impacts. If you use a field for other than its intended purpose, it may work in some areas of the application, but may cause issues elsewhere. For example, reports in Advanced Analytics may not work correctly.
There is a limited number of custom fields for the various uses, so consider all requirements at the start of the implementation.
Here are some of the RMK uses for the data fields on the RCM requisition template:
- Job Information, for both candidates and the talent acquisition staff
- Page Rules for Category pages
- Search Grid (columns displayed after a job search)
- Job Page Layouts
- Advanced Analytics reports
- Job Data Mapping
- Recruiting Execution Field Mapping
- RCM-RMK Fields
- Recruiting integration issues
- Implementation requirements and best practices