Career Worksheet: Time in Position not showing/Incorrect
Career Development Planning - Career Worksheet
Reproducing the Issue
- Career Worksheet
- Click "My Current Role" (in Jobs)
- You will see the users current role/department but below you do not see the amount of time they have been in the role for.
Below is what it should look like:
The Career Worksheet pulls this information from the personal information file of the employees - "Extended User Information Export" (or from Employee Central for customers with EC enabled ) In order to show the amount of time you have held this position, this file needs to be updated and correct against the Employee Data.
The field in the file that the information is pulled from is called the "Date of Position".
The “Date of Position” field is populated in two ways:
- Calculated based on the start date of the last record from “insideWorkExperience” section;
- Manually updated by the Employee Profile (Self-Service) or through the Personal Information Import.
The “Time in Current Position” field is calculated based on the “Date of Position” information. If the “Date of Position” field is blank, the “Time in Current Position” will be defaulted to “N/A”.
There are two ways to fix this issue:
1) Enter the data manually in the "Extended User Information Export"
- Admin Centre
- Tool Search
- Search "Extended User Information"
- Select Personal Information and Export.
If the customer has EC with HRIS Sync, then employee data should be updated via Employee Central.
2) "insideWorkExperience" in employee profile. This portlet will allow the information to be pulled into the career worksheet.
2253241 - Employee Profile: “Time in Current Position” and “Date of Position” do not reset after records are removed from “insideWorkExperience”
2218720 - Employee Profile: System Calculated Fields
2080146 - Employee Central - Employee Data Import Steps - Creating Users via Imports - Employee Central - Employee Data Import Steps - Creating Users via Imports).
Career Worksheet Time in Position Date of Position Calculated Field , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-CW , Career Worksheet & Career Paths , How To