- When adding the TIME dimension in Rows or Columns using a Story Filter or input control (and not Time Filter inside the table), there is always a "all" which can be developed to show the filtered Years.
- The flat presentation is not used when you use dynamic time calculations (restricted measure referring to previous period) and the granularity of the time dimension is Year.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.23
Reproducing the Issue
Create a story using a canvas page
Create a Story Time Filter on a year
Create a table with Time in Row or Column
Do not use the flat presentation
Note the "all" always displayed
This behaviour is by design in the project now.
When you create a story/page filter on a time hierarchy, the level of the data being returned from the server is not restricted to the level of the hierarchical filter. Which means you are able to drill up to the highest level including "All". That's why that "All" is always shown. But Chart and Table filters are limit to the specific level which you select. And you can only drill down, but cannot drill up to the higher level than the selected one. For example, when you select a Quarter, you will see the highest hierarchy level as Quarter, you can only drill down to lower level, Month, but cannot drill up to Year. In this case, all the higher level hierarchy will not be shown. This is the different behaviour between Story/Page filter and Chart/Table filter.
An enhancement request is open in Influence Customer site:
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem