- Display String formatting applied when exporting to MS Excel Data-Only.
- Before applying a product update, the Display String Formatting was not applied when exporting to MS Excel Data-Only.
- When exporting a report from Crystal Reports to MS Excel- Data Only, or Microsoft Excel Workbook Data-only, it export the Display String Formatting, despite the exporting option to export the formatting is unchecked.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add at least one field to the report.
- Right click on a text field, and select "Format Field"
- Under the tab "Common", click on the "X-2" button of the "Display String" option.
- Create a formula that change how the string display. For example, truncate the text to only display the first 3 characters.
- Export the report to MS Excel Dat-only format.
- When opening the exported report in MS Excel, the format used in the Display String is applied, when the expectation is to have the raw data when exporting to MS Excel Data-only format.
- In previous product update of Crystal Reports, it was not exporting the formatting applied in the "Display String"
- An enhancement was peformed under SAP Note 2332880, which changed the behavior.
- The formatting should only have been applied when the export option "export object formatting" is selected, but it is applying despite the option is unchecked.
- This issue has been tracked under SAP Note 2555800
- There is no product update that resolves the issue at this point.
CR, xls, xport , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016