- Customer hired an employee with effective date in the future, meanwhile the effective date is achieved, changes to the Higher Level position of the future hire are made ( Manager For Instance) . Once the Employee is active in the system, no changes were updated to their position.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Employee is hired on October 10th with effective hire date as October 20th. The Manager position is vacant at the hire time
- The higher Level position vacancy was filled as of October 18th
- After the transaction was saved, New Hire’s future Job Information record still showed the old manager which is Manager plus 1 ( Next Level)
- Expected Behavior, at the moment the Higher Level position has some change, the new hire is Inactive and the sync will not work for inactive employees, It will only sync to the current incumbent. So if the position has no incumbents, no data will appear in the Job Information, or even if there is some other person assigned to that position it will sync for the second one and not for the future hired employee.
- Currently there is not workaround for this behavior. The system will sync changes from Position to Job Information and vice versa if there is some incumbent as of that date.
- 2281023 - How to submit an Enhancement Request for SAP Employee Central
- Employee Central, Sync Position to Job Information, Future hire, Manager change, Inactive Employee
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1708